Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cathy - Find Your Summer Body Week 4

Here we are at the half way point and it has been one hell of a ride so far. I now know why it's called a "Challenge", it certainly wasn't called the 8 week "Easy"!

The weight has been steadily melting off onto the grassy hill, Coogee steps and all over Centennial Park. I have been working my (now very sore) ass off and I am delighted to say I am on track!....until now.

I wasn't expecting to hit a plateau this week and I must say it has been very frustrating to move forward.  The chocolate voices have been whispering in my head and driving me nuts but so far I haven't succumbed because my determination to reach my goals is shutting them down.  I am sticking with my plan and just continuing on with things. Only 4 weeks to go!

I still can't see an obvious visual difference with my weight but my clothes and the scales are telling me otherwise.  My jeans now have a little less muffin top to deal with and I am fitting into clothes that have been in the vault for some time.  There is still a long way to go so I won't get too excited just yet.

The running (never my forte) which I thought would become easier hasn't and I don't think I will ever come to love burpees.  But if you had told me at the beginning of this that I would be doing push ups in the rain I would have said you had the wrong girl.  I am feeling much stronger than I have in a very long time, what I love is my new found core strength...all those planks are making a difference.

Four weeks into it and I feel that new life changes are being made and that regular intensive exercise and a cleaner, better portioned diet is going to see me a long way into my future and also help me be a better example for my daughter, Milla.

No comments: