Monday, November 7, 2011

Cathy - Find Your Summer Body Week 5

O.K, I'll admit that the hormones got the better of me this week. With my partner out of town for 2 weeks and it being that time of the month I just didn't have the same energy that I have been putting in up to this point. I even surrendered to a chocolate fix (albeit a "healthy option"). Here is the recipe if you need a little indulgence:

CHOCOLATE SURPRISE BALLS:

35 pitted dates (to be soaked overnight)
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup sesame seeds
3/4 cups quinoa flakes
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
1/3 cup raw cocoa powder
3 tablespoons tahini
2 tablespoons ABC spread

METHOD:

soak the dates overnight then chop into tiny pieces (or whizz in a food processor)
Add the tahini and ABC spread to the chopped dates and mix together.
In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients (chia seeds, sesame seeds, quinoa flakes, desiccated coconut and cocoa powder).
Slowly add the dry and wet ingredients together to a consistency that holds together. (you may need to vary quantities as you see fit.
Using your hands form into little balls about 3cm diameter.
Yum!

I don't feel bad at all because I am continuing with the challenge as usual it's just a few days of not being on full power. I feel much better now and I'm ready to go out of week 5 and into week 6 full steam ahead.

Another admission I have to make is that after training when the tape measures and scales came out, I made a swift exit. Had it been a few days earlier before the bloat and plateau I would have been excited to see my results. I can't wait to see what I will achieve as an end result plus I am really proud of myself for what I have achieved so far. Who'd have thought?

The crucial key for me and the biggest change in my life has been the forward planning and scheduling. Without them I would still be flailing, still waiting for that 'tomorrow' to start. With most things in life it's been persistence and consistency that have helped me reach my goals.

I went to my parents the other day and I hadn't seen them in a few weeks and my dad even commented on how much weight I had lost and how well I looked. The fact that he noticed anything apart from his grand daughter says it all really.

No comments: