Friday, June 8, 2012

Introducing Emma

Today we meet Emma, Emma is new to Body Beyond Baby and has come on board for the 12 Week Challenge - this week has seen her make sure her TA is firing properly to ensure we look after her back, complete fitness testing and she is raring to go for the remaining 11 weeks.  Meet Emma:

"Around 18 months ago I was attending a boot camp, doing a bit of running and cross fit.  I was the fittest, strongest, fastest I had ever been.  Fitting into a pair of jeans that I hadn’t worn since I was 27 was an amazing feeling.

A slipped disc saw me out of action for 6 weeks, which then turned into 6 months, then 12, 18, you get the picture…. I became lazy, found myself eating left over dinner from my 2 daughters, plus my own meal with my husband, not to mention additional snacking afterwards!

Weighing in at 6KG’s heavier (than ever!) I am over being a slouch, couch potato, and ready to get back to where I was 18 months ago.

Now as much as I enjoyed the previous boot camp, the group I joined was mainly full of younger people without kids.  I find BBB fills that gap, with like-minded mums and trainer to boot! After my first session at BBB, I felt like I had found exactly what I needed!  Jen is very thorough, knows her stuff, and being a mum “gets it!”

I decided to join the challenge so I could train with other mums in similar positions, and find motivation from one another to keep us all on track.

My goals for this challenge are to get back into my long lived and very loved, 10 year old denim on newly toned thighs!  Be a good role model for my two beautiful girls, by being a healthy mum.  And hey who knows I might even throw a City to Surf challenge in the mix also!  In fact, why don’t we have a BBB City to Surf group?  Who’s in?"

We will be having a Body Beyond Baby team in this years City to Surf - if you are interested in  being part of our team please get in touch with me via email.

No comments: