Monday, May 3, 2010

Life is unpredictable!

Firstly, thanks Jen for the nice comments. You're always so full of encouragement and great tips for continuing along towards reaching the goal. It's MUCH appreciated.

So, as Jen has already mentioned, I had my second body composition scan last week. It was great seeing the results show some decent change in my body, and that all this exercise and healthier eating is making a difference. So the fact that I didn't change weight on the scales for a couple of weeks isn't an issue, nor an accurate indicator of what's going on. The loss of fat (shown in the scan) and the way clothes fit is a much better way to see positive results.

In the past 2 weeks since I last wrote things have changed again. Just as soon as we got Manel back home, now he's heading off again tomorrow, this time to Melbourne for 3 months. Apart from a couple of weeks when I'll take the boys down to visit, we will stay here for the rest of the time to keep up with our own routines of kindy, swimming lessons & my training. As I can't obviously leave the boys at home alone while I go for a ride/run or swim, I've spoken to my mum and brother about getting them to help me once or twice a week so I can get out of the house & do some exercise. I'll be sure to need this for 2 reasons: firstly, to stay fit, energised & endorphin-loaded....important for being a nice, patient & loving mum; and secondly, to keep some time for me.

As well as making plans, my past 2 weeks has been spent shaking off a cold. As it's only been a cold with no fevers or aches I didn't stop exercising altogether, but just took it a little easier by way of walking more (to keep the circulation moving) & doing less intensive exercise (running etc). I still went to training both weeks and I think it helped to shake it all up and speed up the recovery. Apart from the remnant of a cough, I'm doing alright and definitely have enough energy and strength for exercising normally again.

So, tomorrow is D-day. Manel's off and I'm back to single parenting. Let's see what I have to say about my energy & strength in a weeks time!!

No comments: