Tuesday, November 11, 2008

On track

I payed a visit to Jarrod at Body Composition this afternoon and I have to say I left feeling a lot more satisfied than I did last time. I have just under 5 weeks left until I leave for Perth and I feel I am on track to reach my goal.

My results look like this;

Current as at 11th November 2008

Total Body Weight: 57.2kg
Body Fat: 23.5%
Fat Mass: 13.4kg
Lean Body Mass: 41.4kg

8th October 2008

Total Body Weight: 57.7kg
Body Fat: 26.4%
Fat Mass: 15.2kg
Lean Body Mass: 40.1kg

17th September 2008

Total Body Weight: 58.6kg
Body Fat: 27.2%
Fat Mass: 15.9kg
Lean Body Mass: 40.4kg

This is exciting, I am putting on lean muscle and losing body fat. Since my last scan I have pretty much exchanged a kilo and a half of fat for a kilo and a half of lean body mass, this increasing my metabolism and my body's ability to burn fat for fuel.

You can see by the relatively small change in my total body weight that if I had just been using the scales to track my progress I would have no idea what was really going on and hence probably be quiet frustrated by my seeming lack of progress (I did get on the scales over the last few weeks and even for me who knows it is not a true test of progress felt a little disheartened that they didn't show I was losing 'weight'). Now I'm feeling enthusiastic at the direction I'm going and that my hard work is paying off, its a satisfying feeling and one that has me wanting to reach for that chocolate bar even less.

Five more weeks to go - stay with me!!!

No comments: