Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Planning to succeed

So tomorrow is measurements day - I'm even going to crack out the camera afterward and share one of those scary 'before' shots with you. I feel in two minds about the Body Composition scan, on one side I'm excited to discover my starting point but on the other a little intimidated by being confronted with my body fat and laying it out for all to see. Nothing like a good motivation booster mind you.

Then comes planning - menu planning, exercise planning - I'm a great believer in planning, a great saying is "if you fail to plan, you plan to fail". I don't intend on failing so I do intend on planning. With my little baby in tow often planning gets a great big push out of the window so at least a days meals organised in advance will ensure I gain the right amount of nutrition and relieve me of the brain work involved in trawling the seemingly bare cupboards to create a meal that would usually end up consisting of the closest and easiest thing to make - I grew to love those cans of soup for a while there!

No comments: