Thursday, October 6, 2011

My goals for the next 8 weeks

I am feeling very inspired, excited and motivated from this weeks sessions - sessions are pumping and everyone is there to give it their all.  I am really looking forward to the results that everyone is going to achieve over the next 8 weeks.

So, I figured I should get my own goals down on paper and share them with you.  I always had in my head that I would do my own 8 week challenge and today I booked in some new profile shots (the pregnant ones are a little outdated) so I guess I should get ready for them.  I have this goal to look the best I ever have done after turning 30 and having two children - now is as good a time as ever to make that happen.

Goal 1:

I am going to achieve a VERY toned stomach - I want to have a bit of a V going on (not too much or masculine in anyway just that look).   This is the kind of thing I am talking about.(have you got a goal image??? - I find it really helps to have a picture in mind)

This is important to me because - no matter how lean or how fit I have been in the past my stomach has never quite 'got there'.  I want to feel confident in a bikini this summer and look like I never even had a baby.

Action steps to make this happen
  •  Ditch the sugar - believe it or not I have a massive sweet tooth, in fact right now i am thinking about the fact that it is Thursday night and I like to do the ironing in front of the TV with a bowl of some chocolatey treat to munch on.....gotta break it!
  • Put more core and multi directional abdominal training into my workout 
  • Increase my cardio to 2-3 sessions per week - this has slipped over the last few weeks (months) and I'd be lucky to get even one run happening some weeks.  I will be joining you on Coogee Steps on a Sunday morning for my own workout too - then two more sessions during the week.
Goal 2:

I am going to be able to perform 8 unassisted strict chin ups

This is important to me because I view chin ups as being a really great measure of strength - since my gymnastics days I have never got over 6 - I can do 6 now (on a good day) so that's an increase of 2 overthe next 8 weeks.

Action Steps to make this happen
  • Train chin ups more
  • Ask for people to spot or help me rather than just stopping when I can't do anymore - gotta push through the sticking points to get stronger.
Goal 3:

I am going to reach 20% Body Fat

This is important to me because this is where I was pre Marley - I didn't quite get back there in between pregnancies and give last time around I was pregnant again in a months time I really have no excuses this time. 

Action Steps to make the happen:
  • Ditch the sugar
  • Increase my training to 6 days per week without fail
  • Re asses my diet - look at quantities of macro nutrients and ensure I am consuming enough protein
  • Get more sleep - I need a minimum of 7-8 hours - I need to get to bed earlier (and hope India sleeps all night soon!)
OK - I'm set, I know what I have to do and I'm committed to make it happen..... how are your goals looking???

No comments: