Sunday, May 1, 2011

CrossFit Open workout 6

And the final CrossFit Open workout:

7min AMRAP of:
Thrusters
Chest to bar pull-ups
3 / 6 / 9 / 12 / 15 / 18 / 21 ..... 


I was really looking forward to completing this workout as I had not managed to do the last three due to the weight being too heavy for me to lift.  However India developed Croup and I missed my last couple of training sessions at Cooee CrossFit.  I felt a little disheartened that I didn't complete the games but now know I have a lot to work hard towards in preparation for doing it all again next year.  I've had a ball training CrossFit only for these few weeks and will continue to train with a CrossFit group as much as possible though inevitably I will be factoring in some other workouts due to time constraints and my training within a commercial gym early in the mornings.  

Now that I am back in Sydney I have booked a Body Composition scan for the 17th May so I will keep training hard and let you know my results once I have got them.  India is now 9 months old and I am feeling pretty good.  I fit back into 'most' clothes though expect it won't be until I stop breastfeeding that my body will completely go back.  With Marley I stopped feeding him at 8.5 months so we are now into unknown territory.  I have no plans to stop feeding India and will let her self wean this time around - it's funny as i always expected to stop feeding her sooner than I did Marley. I had a fantastic 30th birthday and am happy with the progress i have made.  I was further down the 'pre baby body' track by this time first time around but the main thing is that I am happy, continuing to see results and feeling great.


So, in terms of your own training it is an awesome thing to have something to work towards - I had 6 weeks of CrossFit AND my 30th birthday - now its come to an end its kind of like 'what now?' though with Body Composition a few weeks away that should keep me focussed.  Find your thing, make a commitment and reap the rewards.....and let me know how you went!


No comments: