First up grab a tape measure and record:
- Chest measurement - go across the nipple line and make sure you drop your arms to engage your lats
- Waist measurement - look in the mirror or ask a partner to do it for you, find the smallest part of your waist and take this measurement.
- Belly button - Take the measurement that crosses your belly button
- Hips - Stand with your feet hip width apart - find the widest part of your hips including bum (usually at about crotch height)
- Legs - put one leg on a box or step so that your knee is bent at 90 degrees - about mid way along you will see where it looks biggest when looking from the inside of your leg (where it hangs down a little- so glamorous!) take the measurement here too. You can do both legs if you like but will more than likely find one leg if larger than the other.
Now to the activity part:
- Timed run - we do 800m but the most important thing here is to mark out a path that you can repeat again later on so you can do this in a park, at home if you have an open space OR on a treadmill. Record your best time
- Push-ups - to failure. Done on either your knees or toes but if you do choose toes complete as many reps as you can on your toes DON'T drop to knees to continue, you need to go to exhaustion OR until you lose form
- Prone hold - for as long as possible. Again done on either knees or toes and good form must be maintained throughout. Remember that we train to the weakest link so if your pelvic floor is weak or you have a large abdominal separation you need to be either on your knees or do not complete this exercise until you have re-trained your inner unit
- Burpees in one minute - as it sounds, complete as many burpees as possible in one minute. Read the past post on the three stages of burpees, choose which stage you are at and stick with that throughout this test. Again if you have pelvic floor weakness, a large separation or any other complaints assess as to whether this exercise is good for you at this time
Enjoy and feel free to share your results with us either here or on our facebook page
As soon as you complete 15 reps of upper abdominal muscle exercises, then do a lower abdominal exercise set of 15 reps. A combination of cardiovascular exercise and weight training will get you better and faster results. Cardio exercises are the best to burn fat, while weight workouts are designed to build muscle.
Post a Comment