Wednesday, December 8, 2010

You'll find me being mum

I've been a little quiet on the blog front of late - I think about it and you guys everyday.  My Monday measurements are late but quite frankly this week I haven't taken them - I felt pretty bloated come Monday's weekend comedown from dinners out a few drinks along with allowing a little too much sugar that I just didn't feel like taking them - I will bring them back next week. 

So where have I been and why aren't I talking to you?  I am taking this week to play mum, to work a little but not a lot (so if you don't hear from me this is why), to rest a little, to make Christmas happen, to organise presents and send cards (I was thinking of ditching that custom this year but I'm going to power ahead).  It's family year book making time where I compile all of the years worth of digital photos into a coffee table book that we actually look at rather than them just being on a file in a virtual world.....I enjoy doing this.....normally.....so I am bringing the enjoyment back by giving my self the time to do it.  There is a pile of ironing that needs getting through (I am an ironing freak and I actually enjoy it, good TV show or a movie and it's quite relaxing) so I am making time for that.  My two year old is VERY challenging at the moment so I am taking time to TRY to deal with him and my daughter is giving us challenges of her own (though touch wood she went down for this afternoons nap very easily) so I am giving myself time to relax and enjoy her when I can.  My training has been on track so I am taking time for that and I know Christmas is just around the corner and I am taking time out from work then but I have decided that this week is about me and looking after your inner self is just as important as looking after your outer self so I am looking after the inside......otherwise I might cry.

No comments: