Thursday, February 16, 2012

Caroline - Find Your Summer Body 2 Week 1

Meet Body Beyond Baby - Find Your Summer Body 2 - 8 Week Challenge mum, Caroline.  Caroline came on board with Body Beyond Baby and ran her own challenge a few weeks after the start of our last one. She is back with a vengeance in 2012 and despite being busy helping to plan a wedding she has agreed to share her FYSB2 journey with us.  I look forward to being along for the ride and hope you enjoy it too.

"I'm Caroline, AKA Hazel’s mum and I've been training with BBB since the end of November.  My husband gave me the first BBB 8 week challenge for my birthday (very brave man!) so the man I love 'committed' me to 8 weeks of training, sweat and hunger.  It took a long time for me to call Jen but once I'd braved BBB for the first time, it didn't take long for me to 'commit' to attending the sessions and reaching for my goals. 

The first challenge was tricky as I started late therefore the challenge ran across the Xmas break and festivities.  I never lost sight of my goals (I didn't reach them but I did loose quite a bit of weight and gain some much-needed strength) but I did allow excuses to get the better of me.  It's all a learning curve and the first challenge set the foundation for round 2. 

So here we are, round 2, the end of week 1.  This time my goals are (hopefully) realistic.  I want to lose 4 kilos, punch-out 12 push-ups (on my toes, yeikee) and get my timed run time down by 20 seconds.  To get anywhere near this, I’m gonna have to utilise all the tools Jen has given us.  Easy said...
So to my self-assessment of week 1?  I’ve done pretty well.  Weekday training sessions were great, Saturday was tough (probably as I felt entitled to a lie-in and I was up with the larks) and Sunday steps session...  OMG.   I wasn’t expecting it to be so difficult.  An incredible view, a sense of satisfaction for being up and exercising, and it all came crashing down about half way up the first ‘lap’.  I manage 3 laps and eagerly decided to stop when I got to the top, legs shaking.  Seeing other girls achieve 4, 5 and even 6 laps was an inspiration so I hope to return next week and see how I travel (but knowing what’s coming will make getting out of bed much, much harder). 

Getting back into shape after Hazel was never gonna be a breeze as I enjoyed my pregnancy way too much.  A chocolate brownie here, a hot chocolate with cream there and cheese galore.  I don’t regret it, but I do have to reverse it.  Wish me luck, as I do to you!"

No comments: