Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Caroline - Find Your Summer Body 2 Week 2

We're now 2 weeks into the challenge and I'm feeling pretty chuffed with myself.  I have challenged myself to train 4 times a week, I have changed what I'm putting in my mouth and I am enjoying the journey (now that is something I didn't think I'd ever say about an exercise challenge).  I think I'm enjoying it because I can feel I'm progressing.
 
However there's still one thing that I'm not enjoying... the thought of those Sunday stair sessions.  Last week I has a restless nights' sleep on Saturday night.  Hazel was wriggling from 4.30 am so I spent the next 2 1/2 hours thinking through excuses not to go to Coogee for 7.30.  I had to be at a funeral at 10 in Ryde, I was suffering with just 4 1/2 hours sleep, I had been out for a yummy meal Saturday evening and drank 3 glasses of wine (opps!)... all very valid reasons to stay in bed.  But when my alarm rang, I rolled out of bed and drove to Coogee.  Getting out of the car, I felt sick with anticipation but told myself I'd do as much as I could and walking is always an option!
 
As I started down the stairs, something happened.  My competitive spirit kicked-in and I started to compete against myself.  I didn't enjoy the session but it certainly wasn't as bad as I'd made-out in my head.  And I truly loved the feeling of beating my previous time and doing an extra lap (thanks to B for hatching the deal "I will, if you will?" when challenged by Jen to "go again").  But what felt the best was that I didn't give in to the excuses, I had got up and gone training even though it was the last thing I thought I wanted to do.
 
So as my body gets stronger, I must leverage the power of my mind.  A little bit of positive thinking will help me reach my goals with a little more grace!

No comments: