Thursday, January 5, 2012

Message from Sophie - Run for Premature Babies

I would like you to meet Sophie - I met Sophie for the first time half way through last year at a launch at the Royal Hospital for Women in Randwick.  I had heard of Sophie previously when Body Beyond baby decided to run in the Blackmores Running Festival and raise money for the care of premature babies at the Royal Hospital for Women.  I was a little overwhelmed when I realised who she was knowing everything she had been through.  Following this initial meeting Sophie started training with Body Beyond Baby, it is wonderful to have her as part of our team of mums and I will always support what she is doing.


I find Sophie to be such an inspiration - to be able to channel her grief and energy into such a positive way, to give back and make a difference to other children and families that are going through similar journey's to hers.  As a mum it also touches and breaks my heart.

Sophie is now recruiting runners for the 2012 SMH Half Marathon - this is her message:


Sophie's son Jasper
"I am starting to recruit runners to my sixth annual SMH Half Marathon team in memory of our premature triplets Henry, Jasper & Evan, and I am hoping it is going to be our biggest and best year ever.  My goal is for a team of OVER 250 RUNNERS, and I am writing to see if could persuade either you or any of your friends or clients to join me.  

Please visit my new website www.runningforprematurebabies.com - to find out more about my very special team, which raises money for the Henry, Jasper & Evan Smith Trust to buy life-saving equipment for critically ill premature babies at the Royal Hospital for Women.  To register you just need to complete this quick onlineregistration form 


My team is one of a kind - with five months of weekly training provided free of charge as well as free running kit and lots of social events along the way.  Our aim is to get fit, have fun and help save precious premature babies in memory of my brave little boys."
             Sophie Smith
So if you are up for the challenge and want to make a difference to these tiny bubs PLEASE sign up - you CAN do it and now you have that extra bit of motivation.

No comments: