Thursday, October 13, 2011

Christa - Find Your Summer Body Week 1

When I signed up for the challenge I was looking forward to it but wasn’t really sure what to expect.  

We started off measuring, weighing and recording the status quo. Once again, I got reminded why I am doing this… The fitness test revealed what I already knew and worse - I am in such an unfit state it’s incredible. But this also means big improvements can be made.....

On Tuesday and Thursday Alex has been with the Body Beyond Baby nannies.  We don’t have any relatives close by and had never been looked after by anybody else other than Karl or myself so leaving him was initially a bit weird.  He was perfectly fine though and very much enjoyed playing with all the kids and nannies.  When I picked him up the girls gave me an account of what he had done, if he had eaten and slept.  It makes such a difference to be able to completely focus on my training, knowing my bub is well looked after.  The hardest bit is to be organised in the morning and actually make it to the session in time…

I very much like the group we have going and was quite impressed on how many mums actually have been training with Jen for a while.  Seeing in what great shape some of them are in really motivated me.

We started with one warm up run around the oval which was enough to have me going bright red and Burpees are something I am not sure I will ever take a liking to. Jen made sure that I was all of the exercises correctly and took the time to check on people individually.  A few times I was actually clock watching to see when the session is over. Not because I didn’t like it but because I was so tired!!

There was an incredible turnout at the Saturday session even though the weather was not perfect. Jen had another trainer with her so technique wasn’t compromised and I sweated beyond belief.  My whole body ached for three days afterward and to be honest I thought I might give the Sunday steps session a miss. In the end I dragged myself out of bed and will tell you more about the 218 steps next week….

No comments: