Wednesday, March 16, 2011

And for my next challenge - CrossFit

You may by now realise that I love a good challenge - I like to train hard and well and will always encourage you to do the same thing.  It is 6 weeks until my 30th birthday and I was feeling up for a new challenge and want to be in the best shape I can be before I hit the big 3-0!  I have dabbled a little in CrossFit previously but always complemented it with other forms of cardio and resistance exercise but now and for the next 6 weeks I am going to complete only CrossFit workouts and have even signed up for the CrossFit games open see here for more info.  I am going to take photos and record my progress and book in for Body Composition towards the end of the challenge (it will be a week short of my birthday and completing the challenge but we are heading to Perth so I will do it as late as possible in Sydney).  I am keen to see what CrossFit alone does for me AND some of the stuff they do is crazy, I can only aspire to be able to do some of the exercises the best CrossFit athletes do.....let's see how I go.

I will be posting daily the workouts I have completed which I am taking from the CrossFit Kensington blog and will sometimes be heading over to their gym to complete some of my workouts.... I'll bring you pictures and progress reports....I am aiming to train 5 days per week minimum and am looking forward to seeing the results I get from this type of training.

Here are the workouts (and  a little pic since kicking off on Monday)

Monday (taken from a previous week)

10 Kettle bell swings 16kg
10 Dumb bell push press 10kg each hand
10 Lunges 10kg overhead
10 Toes to bar
100m run
7 rounds for time

Tuesday

Push press 60% 3RM (Reps Max)
Box Jumps height of 45cm
KB swings 12kg (I did 20kgs by mistake)

Complete each exercise for 3mins, 2mins, 1mins - As Many Reps As Possible (AMRAP)

Wednesday

10 Dead Lifts 70%of Body Weight
10 ring dips
10 wall balls 5kg
200m run

7 rounds for time



Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

becsa_27 said...

Sounds amazing jen. Have no idea what all that means but good luck with the challenge. You are certainly an inspiration to aspire to

Jen Dugard said...

Thanks Bec - we have our first 'official' workout this afternoon....I actually don;t even know if I will be able to get the 'official' weight over my head but here's to giving it a go!