We might not be able to get to the park this morning but we can still get moving. Hopefully all my girls will be logging on to check out their in house workout and if you happen to be on here maybe you can try it out too. Girls, use the comments section to let me know how you go.
You will need a stop watch or at least a clock or watch with a seconds hand.
Start with the warm up and stretches.
Perform each exercise for the time listed before moving on to the next one without resting. Its a good idea to read through a familiarise yourself with each exercise before starting the circuit.
Once you have completed all the exercises rest for 1-2 minutes grab a drink of water and start again.
I have put pointers next to each exercise but if you are unsure head to Google and type in the exercise - their are some fantastic video demonstrations on line.
Jog on spot for 1 minute, 20 jumping jacks x 5
Stretch - I always like to work from the lower body to upper body. Hold each stretch for 20-30 seconds.
- Hip Flexor stretch - kneeling on one knee, make sure you knee is directly below you hip, tilt the pelvis forward and squeeze the glutes to feel a stretch at your hip flexor.
- Quad stretch - standing on one leg bend the other up behind you holding your ankle. Keep knees together and tummy switched on.
- Hamstring stretch - stand on one leg and bring the other knee up towards your chest. Hold at the knee.
- Calf stretch - Bend on knee and extend the other leg out in front, rest you hands on your bent knee for support.
- Chest stretch - join your hands behind your body and squeeze the shoulder blades together whilst sticking your chest out.
- Triceps stretch - Take one arm over the top of your head so your elbow is by your ear, bend that arm so your hand drops to your shoulder. Use the other arm to gently pull at the raised elbow to increase the stretch.
- Back stretch - hold onto a fixed object (holding each handle of an open door may work) bend at the knees and lean backwards feeling a stretch through your upper back.
Squats - 30 seconds
Feet hip width apart, weight through your heels, bend at the knee, stick your bum out, keep your chest up and TUMMY TIGHT - 30 seconds
Push-ups - 30 seconds
On your toes or knees, hands should be level with your chest, keep your tummy tight and shoulders down. Chest to floor.
Jumping Jacks - 1 minute
Sumo squat - 30 seconds
Feet wider apart, toes turned out, bend at the knees, tip a little at the hips as if you were picking something up off the ground, keep your back straight, relax the shoulders and tummy tight.
Triceps dips - 30 seconds
Use the edge of the couch or a chair, hands by your hips, fingers facing forwards, slide your bum off the bench keeping the chest up and shoulders down bend at the elbows then push back up to your starting position.
Jogging on the spot with high knees - 1 minute
Lunges - 30 seconds
Alternating one leg then the other. Feet hip width apart take a step forwards and bend both knees (as if you were going to kneel down) keep the weight through the heel of your front foot and activate the glute to bring yo up to your starting position. Ensure your knee doesn't go over your toe when you bend.
Row (if you have an elastic or resistance band) OR cobra - 30 seconds
Row - wrap your resistance band around a table leg, sit up straight with legs slightly bent out in front, switch on your tummy. Arms start stretched out in front, draw your shoulder blades back then bend your arms to pull you hands into your lower ribs. Slowly release.
Cobra - Lying face down, arms by your sides, palms facing downwards. Draw your shoulder blades back and down and raise your head, chest and shoulders slightly of the floor, turn your thumbs up to the sky and squeeze between the shoulder blades.
Jogging on the spot kicking your bum - 1 minute
Bicep curls- 30 seconds
(with dumb bells or you can use cans of baked beans or two full water bottles) Start with your hands by your sides, slight bend in your knees. Bend at the elbows bringing the hands up towards your chest, slowly lower down.
Shoulder Press - 30 seconds
(with the same weight as above) - Feet hip width apart, slight bend in your knees. Arms are our to the side and bent at a 90 degree angle with hands facing forwards. Push the weights up to the sky and join the hands in the middle. - Tummy tight!!!
Jumping jacks - 1 minute
Sit-ups - 30 seconds
Bicycles - 30 seconds
opposite elbow to knee
Jogging on the spot, normal legs - 1 minute
Repeat the circuit 2 or 3 times (20 or 30 mins)
Go through the stretches above to cool down
Post a Comment