It is important to plan exercise into your daily routine and to make it a normal part of your child's life.
- Find a gym with a creche and hit the weights or the treadmill a couple of times a week.
- Got a running pram? Head to a park (with a smooth road especially if they are young) and do a few laps - if you live in the Eastern suburbs of Sydney Centennial Park is a favorite location of mine.
- If you don't have a running pram take a brisk walk to the park, find some grass, park the pram and do a few interval runs over a distance of about 50m - if you are with a friend you could take it in turns while one of you stays with your babies.
- Find a friend and do a baby swap - you go for an hour, they go for an hour.
- Come and join our Body Beyond Baby group training sessions - we have nannies that will look after your little one while you train close by. Click here for more information.
- Take them to the park - when they are young it is as simple as that, they will love to be outdoors and it will be all you can do to keep up with them for a while!
- As they get older play games with them; a ball game or Frisbee in the park of on the beach - not only will they get some exercise but you will too.
- Walk them to school if its close or drive them a block or two away and get them to walk the rest - use the excuse that its too busy around the school to park closer if you need to.
- Make a family walk part of your weekend.
- Limit TV time and encourage them to get outside where possible.
- Do fun activities like swimming, bike riding and roller skating.
Post a Comment