Thursday, November 3, 2011

Jen's Beetroot Hummus

This is one of my favorite dips and makes a great snack with chopped veggies.  I have to confess I haven't had much time of late to 'whip it up' but it really doesn't take too long and tastes very yummy!  Great for kids too.

1 can Chickpeas
1 can Beetroot (I use sliced as its easier to blend)
1 tbsp Tahini
splash of Olive oil (though flax seed oil could be used here as it is a great form of good fats)
tsp Garlic
tbsp Lemon juice
(I prefer it sweeter so I put more lemon juice than garlic but if you prefer a more garlicky taste just swap the quantities around)

throw all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. I sometimes then add a can of whole chickpeas for a more chunky texture.

Chop veggies, dip in hummus and enjoy a healthy yummy snack.

No comments: