Wednesday, November 26, 2008

How do you look naked?

How time flies - I feel like you are a friend I haven't seen for some time, someone I kept meaning to call, that niggling feeling in the back of my mind heard early in the day then again when I'm just getting into bed and its too late to pick up the phone. Well finally here I am. I'd like to apologise for my gap in communication, its not intentional, life just zooms by at times until you grab it by the horns and force it to slow its pace.

Marley is 4 months old now and growing everyday, he amazes and delights. Watching him develop and learn new skills, even the tiniest of things are a great achievement. He learned to reach for a toy while holding up his head on his front the other day - mummy was very impressed!

As for me, I am 16 days away from my goal date - I have decided counting in days from now on is the way to go. How do I feel? I was really happy with the outcome of my last Body Composition and I am continuing to do the same as before as it has proven returns. Some days I want to do more, I want things to move faster and I want it yesterday - I want to go out and buy a bikini for my holidays and feel I look fantastic. I don't want to be self conscious about my body and I don't want to hide behind the fact that I have had a child. You know the feeling when you walk down the street with your baby and you can think "its OK if I'm not quite where I want to be, they can see I have a young child". Most people probably don't bat an eyelid its more a self reassurance, a self reasoning, but still its a wall to hide behind. I have pictures of before my pregnancy and back then I wasn't happy with how I looked, now I look back and wonder why the hell I didn't wear some of the things I decided I 'couldn't' wear. When I reach my goal this time I will have a whole new respect for my body - no, I already have a whole new respect for my body. I know what it can do and I know what I can achieve both in producing and nurturing a beautiful little boy but also being something I am proud of, something I can stand naked in front of the mirror look at and feel satisfied that all my hard work has paid of and know I look great.

How do you look naked?

No comments: