Tuesday, December 25, 2012

My 2012

As Christmas Day comes to slow and tummy's are full, my family is either sleeping or watching TV and I have a relaxed urge to write.  Aside from the excitement that comes with small children, the anticipation of Santa Clause and the urgent unwrapping of presents, this year has been a relatively quiet one for us, yet a special one. For the first time in three years I have spent Christmas day with my sister.  With family mostly on the other side of the world having her here is wonderful and much missed. Time with family is something you forfeit in the quest for a life in a 'better' place. A place I want my children to grow up. 

2012 has been an exciting year for me. From the very first Find Your Summer Body - 8 Week Challenge which came to a close just over a year ago, to the three challenges that followed and the growth in numbers of mums who have come to be part of the Body Beyond Baby family. To our Tough Mums who have participated in two challenges to date and are set for more to come.  I am no longer doing this thing solo which is both very exciting and scary too. Many of you know Amy, a driving force and who has been with us now for a whole year. Nicole joined our team a few months ago to really look after every new mum who begins her Body Beyond Baby journey with us.  And there are more - Jade and Olivia who helped to make your Christmas celebrations a huge success.  Ruth who is on board to nurture our 'Meals that Matter' initiative and many more that play their own special role behind the scenes. We have BBB mums currently undergoing their own transformations from mum to mum AND trainer and a select few will join our team as partners in 2013 to watch this baby grow.

I am undergoing my own transformation within a new circle of advisers and friends through a program called 'Key Person of Influence'. There is only so long that you can go doing it alone and only so long that you can figure it out for yourself. My search for the next step led me to some of the most awesome people I have ever met. Both from the people leading the way, to my peers who are traveling this journey with me. To be in a room with some of the most motivated, talented and driven people I have ever met is in itself hugely inspiring.  We are all ready to sprint into 2013 and I can't wait to create and uncover what the future holds for all of us.

A huge thank you to every single person, colleague, partner and business that I have travelled through 2012 with. You are the people that make me and Body Beyond Baby what it is today. You ignite a personal challenge within me to do it all better, to rise further and to lead by example. Thank you for everything you bring to me on both a personal and professional level.

To my 'mum's'; I am where I am today because I am a mum. My two beautiful children led me to you and watching your transformations reminds me why I get out of bed in the morning. By leading by example we can change not only your life but that of those round you, of your precious children, your partners, family and friends. Your energy and motivation is inspiring and I am truly thankful to be surrounded by such wonderful women.

I am very lucky to be supported by a wonderful man who gives me the space to run my own race but the support to know I am not alone. 2013 is set to be a whole lot of fun and a massive challenge, both wonderful and stressful but I know I am on the right track and I can't wait to continue this journey.

Think about what you want your 2013 to be, who you want to be and how you want to get there. Begin to see the road ahead and take little steps, one step at a time, one day at a time and watch the world change around you. You have the ability to create whatever you want to create and to be whoever you want to be. Being a mum doesn't close doors, it opens them and gives you the ability to shape not only your world but that of the little people in your life. Make yourself proud, make them proud and create your own version of a wonderful life - whatever that may mean to you. Merry Christmas x

No comments: