Tuesday, August 9, 2011

August Mum of the Month - Meet Alison

One of the best parts about what I do is getting to spend time with the wonderful women in my groups.  Women that may be playing mum now but come from all walks of life and that commit to getting themselves and their babies to training week after week to do something positive for themselves and ultimately their little ones and families.  I have decided to celebrate you and today I am excited to introduce you to our first ever Mum of the Month. 

Meet Alison 

How long have you been training with Body Beyond Baby?

Since Feb 2010, so around 1 1/2 years, since Zara was 5 months old

How has BBB changed the way your approach your daily diet and exercise?

It has totally changed it, there is no point exercising without eating the right foods and there is no point eating the right foods without doing any exercise. Also with being a mother it has taught me that no matter how busy or tired we are we all deserve a little time to exercise. I am only at my best when I have done some exercise, its a great example to Zara and means for a happier family. I didn't grow up with this positive example of regular exercise but I plan on changing that for my daughter.

What is your favorite BBB exercise?

Took a while to think of an answer to this one and it isn't burpies! There are a few, but I love the work with the bands - rows/ squats etc. And whilst I am not a great runner I like having someone to push me to run around the oval as otherwise i wouldn't do it.

What would your advice be to new mums wanting to get fit?

As new mothers we often feel like we are being selfish when we take time out for ourselves. I hate when I hear this! This best thing you can do for yourself, your child and your pelvic floor is to do some regular exercise.

Would you like to add anything else about your BBB experience?

I don't know what I would have done had I not found Jenny/BBB. My greatest fear with having a child (besides child birth!) was the weight I was going to put on, as my mum used to blame having kids of being out of shape. Exercising with other like minded mums has been so positive, as has having the caring nannies to look after the babies. It's on my most difficult days that I make sure I turn up as after the session is over I always feel rejuvenated. Despite moving out of the eastern suburbs last year I still turn up - there is no excuse. 

As a thank you and congratulations for being our Mum of the Month Alison receives a $60 voucher for pram cleaning with complimentary collection and delivery from Pronto Pram.

 

No comments: