Monday, July 13, 2009

Body Beyond Baby is running to save a baby in the Sydney Running Festival

I have always wanted to run a half marathon. The crazy thought crossed my mind pretty much this time last year when I was preparing to give birth to my son (who is gong to be one on Friday - how time flies) . I came to my senses mind you, given the run was eight weeks after his birth it probably wouldn't have been the wisest move.

Now, one year on and I AM running the half marathon. So far it has been a challenge to fit in even a couple of runs each week. I decided to drop one of my weights sessions in the gym from now until the 20th of September (race day) in order to accustom my body to enjoying longer runs. It will be interesting to see what my body composition does with a change in training. I will be visiting Jarrod this week in order to find out what I am looking like on the inside one year after giving birth to my son and I will visit him again on completion on the half marathon.

By running in the Sydney Running Festival, myself, and the Body Beyond Baby team will be aiming to reach our target by raising much needed funds for the Royal Hospital for Women Foundation. A cause which, as parents, is very close to our hearts. The majority of us have beautiful, healthy, thriving babies but life is precious and all of that can change in a heart beat and some babies are born with or even battle critical illness even before birth.

The Foundation do the unbelievable, they fight to save the lives of babies and give them the chance to enjoy what we often take for granted.

I am very much looking forward to doing everything that I can to raise money - see you on race day!




No comments: