Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A year later......

So it has been a while since I have written about my journey. I can't believe that in just a few weeks Zara will be 1 years old. A week ago I was due to start work, which was when I wanted to get back into shape by (according to the goals I had set myself). I have since deferred returning to work until Jan but my aim to loose weight is still an ongoing one.

So do you know that it's so cold in Auckland, it rains alot in Melbourne and in Sydney it can get cloudy? Well these are all excuses I have used recently to avoid exercising. Granted our schedule has been a little out lately what with being on holidays in NZ and now in Melbourne, but I think the key is that with any exercise routine it is transferable - you can travel with it and it can work for you regardless of what is going on in your life.

As I assess where I am I am very proud with what I have achieved, regardless of the excuses. Coming to Melbourne was great as family commented that I had lost alot of weight. And when I see those photos of myself with a new born I feel proud that the old body is on its way out. However I still find myself lamenting the loss of my pre-baby body and wonder will things ever be the same? Am I the only person out there in the same situation...anyone...anyone?

So I suppose as a year rolls on by I have to give myself credit for what I have achieved. At the same time I dont want to get complacent. The goal is still there to loose more weight and track down my old body, wherever it may be.

The next few weeks ahead will be filled with many first birthday parties and celebrations. It will also be a challenge as Zara has dropped to one sleep a day so with that means I have to alter my days to see where best to fit in exercise. The aim is still there to exercise 6 days a week with one day off, as well as maintaining a healty diet.

Thank you to everyone who has read my blog so far and for coming on this journey with me - it's far from over.

On a different note a quick congrats to Jenny on the birth of her daughter, India Rose. I know we are all excited to meet her as well as possibly training alongside Jenny in the not too distant future.

No comments: